2 Samuel 6:1-23; 1 Chronicles 15:1-29
INTRODUCTION: David’s first major order of business as king of Israel is to bring the ark to its rightful home. His intentions are noble, but his methods are unscriptural. A time of great joy quickly turns to a time of displeasure. Yet, the Lord is longsuffering and in the end the people are able to bring the ark to Jerusalem.
- THE ARK ON A NEW CART (2 Samuel 6:1-5)
- David Gathers the Chosen Men (2 Samuel 6:1).
- David Fetches the Ark (2 Samuel 6:2-4).
- David and the people with him go to fetch the ark of God (2 Samuel 6:2).
- They set the ark of God upon a new cart (2 Samuel 6:3).
- They learned this method from the Philistines (1 Samuel 6:7-9).
- The ark was to be transported upon the shoulders of Levites using staves (Exodus 25:14-15; Deuteronomy 10:8).
- They bring the ark out of the house of Abinadab (2 Samuel 6:4).
- The House of Israel Plays before the Lord (2 Samuel 6:5).
- David and the house of Israel play before the Lord.
- All instruments are made of fir wood. . . .