Historically, special estates are given names. For example:
- Sadis House (Great Expectations, Charles Dickens)
- Grey Gardens (Long Island home of the Bouvier Beales)
- The White House (Home of the United States President)
Much like a boat or a child, naming something makes it unique and set apart. Now that I’ve officially been a homeowner for two months (yay!), I want to name my house.
I woke up wondering what I could call this humble abode. This place that saved me from an single room apartment on the wrong side of town.
As I was researching ideas to revamp old patio furniture and upcycle items, it came to me. My home is where I:
- Gave up the life I had before to follow Christ.
- Brought my daughter after she was born in the hospital.
- Started Real as the Streets Blog.
- Was sought out by members of my current, permanent Church.
View original post 74 more words